Right middle ear implant for sensorineural hearing loss with the Envoy Esteem



Monday, February 25, 2013

Waiting, waiting...

I saw Dr. K last Friday. He determined my ear looks healthy, but does feel based on my description of my prior symptoms that I did have an ear infection most likely. He thinks it's lingering and not quite all gone, so he put me on a 2 week, twice a day antibiotic (Augmentin) and then I will come back when it's finished to get a hearing test and follow up with him.
He's also putting me on a new steroid nasal spray, Qnasl. It's an aerosol mist instead of liquid spray. I really like it a lot better. This will hopefully continue to help with swelling in my ear and help keep the eustachian tube functioning better.

One thing he did notice is that my eardrum is retracted on my stapes. He's not sure if this is causing my issues or not. He feels my adhesions probably are coming back. At this point, if that is the case, we both agree that no further surgery should be done to my ear as I am making too much scar tissue as is. I emailed an FYI to Dr. S so he is in the loop too. Hopefully I'll have good concrete info to update with when I go back for my hearing exam.

I'm on day 4 of the antibiotic and it feels slightly less full/pressure in my ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment